HVAC system cleaning may help systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are less likely to break down, have a longer life span, and generally operate more effectively than dirty systems.
5 signs your air ducts need cleaning:
- Musty odors and mold
- Dusty surfaces
- Ducts infected with rodents or insects
- Home newly built or renovated
- Rising energy costs
Dirty air ducts cause your HVAC system to work harder and can shorten the life of your system.
Frequency of air duct cleaning depends on several factors. If any of these apply, consider more frequent cleaning:
- smokers in household
- pets that shed lots of hair and dander
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- residents with allergies or asthma
- recent home renovations or remodeling
- prior to occupancy of a new home
Save Money on Energy Bills! Families can cut their energy bill by as much as 20% to 30% by simply doing proper HVAC system maintenance, including air duct cleaning. Servicing your HVAC unit regularly (and also replacing filters each month) can go a long way toward optimal energy efficiency.